Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Such a heavy heart...

For the first time I'm really affected by the pregnancy loss of one of my friends.  I'm not sure why (maybe nutty hormones given what time of the month it is) but this one really got to me.  It's a friend of mine whom I met on an FF message board I used to belong to.  On her second round of IVF it appeared that everything was going along swimmingly and she started buying some baby gear (the last update I got from her was at 14 weeks)....then it happened. Again.  I found out last night on FB and reading that they lost both babies made me cry.  And it made me mad.  Why her?  Why anyone who's had multiple miscarriages?  Why any of us who want to have babies and can't?     

4 comments:

  1. I think it was the first time I cried for someone else. I honestly sat on my couch and just bawled for her and maybe myself too (I know that sounds so selfish). It just makes me so damn mad. It isn't fair! It especially pisses me off to think that the crazy ass ex wife has that adorable little girl. My heart aches for them right now. Just aches. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad for your friend. It is NOT fair, and that really sucks. I am thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. My thoughts are with her.


    I also wanted to thank you for responding to my blog and let me know how we "met". And thanks for the niceties you said about me!

    ReplyDelete