I'm seeing it all over other people's blogs and I tried to figure it out via Stirrup Queens' explanation but I must be a total moron. Still don't get it. Can someone break it down to a 1st grade level please?
Random tidbits:
- Bought our dishwasher last night and got a kick-ass deal on it to boot. Gawd I love it when I find a closeout model, it just makes my day!
- Have this feeling that I'm getting sick. Can't tell if it's a cold or allergies but we're going to the Depeche Mode concert tomorrow so I'm loading up on zinc. *blech*
- Starting to get a little bit nervous because our caseworker left Adoption Options as of last Monday and we haven't heard who we get next. I know it's probably because we're sooooo far down on the list but it's still making me antsy.
I have no idea what any cyber lingo means. It took me an embarassingly long time to figure out that when people used DH they were referring to their husbands. I do know what WTF means which is what I usually say when reading these abbreviations:).
ReplyDeleteI'm very jealous about Depeche Mode. Have a great time!
Hi, Geo and Jen.
ReplyDeleteICLW is one of Melissa's ways of getting the people in the ALI community (Adoption, neonatal Loss and Infertility) to discover new bloggers.
If you sign up for ICLW (which grew out of National Blog Posting Month, where bloggers vow to post every day in November), you commit to commenting on 5 blogs a day, and return one comment a day. To go one step further, if, during that month, you comment on EVERY blog in that month's ICLW list, you earn the status of Iron Commenter.
Because new people visit your blog during ICLW, people often put up an ICLW post the gives the Cliff Notes on what that person is all about.
If you're wanting exposure to more readers and writers, ICLW is a great way to go.
Cool about the concert last night! Remember when we had more stamina for such things?